Intro to Althea Suite
Welcome to Althea Suite ! It’s your one-stop solution for setting up your Online Shop and managing end-to-end business operations within your Restaurant or Retail Outlet.
This user-guide will take you through step by step on how you can quickly get started with our product and start to discover what features we have in store for you.
Althea Suite Restaurant with E-Commerce
This version is best suited for Single or Multiple Outlet Restaurants and Retail businesses. Someone who is simultaneously looking to set up their Online Shop in an easier and faster way can go forward with this trial signup.
In terms of the features you can manage all of your basic day to day business operations while also being intuitively driven towards business growth through smart in-built tools.
Point of Sale Billing, In-depth Order Management with Deliveries, Inventory Management, Purchase Management, Business Analytics, CRM, Employee Management and Online Website Management are some of the key attributes of this version.
Complete Althea Suite
This version is best suited for Medium to Large Scale Business Enterprises. Here we have majorly focussed on providing clients with an much more in-depth approach to business management.
In terms of the features you can find all of the HDRestaurant with Ecommerce listed features and several additional modules that adds a new dimension to how you approach process flows for fundamental operations within a Restaurant or Retail Business.
You get much detailed Business Analytics to look at your business as it functions and tools to access what it needs for exponential growth. You can find more processes and automations that will help business owners to save more and more time.
Purchasing and Inventory management gets a detailed outlook with smarter tools that bigger businesses rely on to make informed business decisions.
The e-commerce aspect is also added with more features that the owners can play around with to help them take their Online Shop to the next level.
After you have chosen what version of Althea Suite is best suited for you, head over to the Trial signup page and begin filling up the form.
- Firstly under the “Select Product” field choose your desired version. You can see that there is a Free Trial period of 14 days for all versions.
- Once you fill in your name, you will see a “User ID” and “Password” field. Here you need to provide a Username and a Password for the initial user of Althea Suite.
Note: Make sure that the password has at least 8 characters with inclusion of a 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 special character and 1 number.
- Then go ahead and provide a valid Email ID, Phone Number, City and Country.
- Now in the “Company Name” field you can specify your Company/Outlet name.
Note: Please note that this name will be the name by which your Cloud Account will be setup. The same Cloud URL will be reflected in the line below as you fill up the field for reference.
- Once you fill up the Captcha text in the next field, you need to click on the “Create” button to submit your details for the Trial Request.
- Now on clicking “Create” you will be asked to check your email where you will have received a link to continue the signing up process. Click on that link to move to the next step.
- Once you click on the link in the email you will be redirected to Althea website, you will need to hold for a while for the Cloud Account creation to be complete.
Simultaneously once that is done, you will be asked to click on a link to login to your
Enter your User ID and Password (that you created during registration)
Click on Login
Configuring Your Company and Business Location
A Company, Business Location and a Warehouse will be created with a name you entered during registration of Althea POS. To update your Company, Business Location, or Warehouse details, follow the steps below.
Update Company details
From main menu option, go to Locations > Company.
Click on [ ⋮ ] button to modify your company details.
Enter company details in the appropriate fields including TIN Number, phone number, email id and click on Update.
Update Business Location details
1. From main menu option, go to Locations > Business Locations.
2. Click on [ ⋮ ] button to modify your business location details.
3. Enter business location details in the appropriate fields including phone number, email id, address and click on Update.
Creating an Item List/Menu List in Althea Suite
We can firstly get started with the basic building blocks of setting up a POS Application, which is Item/Menu Creation. This part of the guide will consist of walking you through how you can quickly set up your list of Items for your Restaurant/Retail Outlet.
As we know that in a Restaurant our Item List will comprise of two types of entities;
● Menu Items (which are prepped in the kitchen and served to customer eg. Burgers,
● Stock Items (these are items which are used as ingredients in the kitchen for Menu
Items and are not sold to the customers directly)
Let us now navigate to our Althea Suite window to get started on creating items.
- From main menu option, go to Products > Items.
- Click on New Item button on the top-left to launch New Item page.
- SKU (stock keeping unit) – The code that identifies the product within your business. For effective tracking and sales reporting, each SKU needs to be unique.
3.Enter the Product Name and Description
Name – Enter the name of your product.
Description (optional) – The description of your product. Describe your products in detail
4. Category – Select the item category. You can create product categories to organize your products, making them easier for you to find.
Althea POS allows you to quickly and easily import your items using Excel file rather than having to manually create all your items. To help you with the import process, Althea POS provides the Item Import tool. The Item Import tool uses the data in Excel file to create new items. Please see importing item list via excel file.
If your product has options, like size or color, then you can add a Custom Fields for each combination of options. Please see how to create custom fields in Althea POS