- Adding images to items
- Creating Combo Items
- How to check Sales/Purchase price history of an Item
- How to create/edit Item Category
- How to assign item location
- Supplier Product Code and its use in AtheaSuite
- How to set minimum order quantity for an Item in AltheaSuite
- How to Add New Item
- How to Create Custom Fields for Items
- Importing Item List
- How to bulk update item sales price
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- How to perform a sale in AltheaSuite
- How to change price of a product during billing
- How to edit paid Invoice in AltheaSuite
- How to put a Sales Invoice on Hold
- How to set credit limit to customer
- How to create a credit sale
- How to create a Pickup Invoice
- How to create a Delivery Invoice
- Selling an Item with a Serial Number
- How to add/modify a Customer
- Refund/Exchange an item
- How to create a Sales Return
- How to send square payment link to customer from AltheaSuite
- How to create Invoice Custom Fields
- How to give Manual Discount in Invoice
- Creating Invoice with Multiple Payment Modes
- How to create a new Payment Mode
- How to change saved Sales Invoice Date
- How to create a Sales Invoice using Store Credit
- How to search for all Web Orders
- How to change saved Sales Return Date
- How to add notes to Items while Invoicing
- Changing Cash Register while Invoicing
- How to put a Sales Return on Hold
- How to create a Price List and assigning to customer group
- How to create a Sales Invoice using Customer Deposit/Advance
- How to issue a Store Credit to Customer
- How to create a customer group
- How to Capture Customer Signature on Invoice
- How to mark the invoiced items as Delivered
- How to add the footfall count of your customers
- Receive Deposit/Advance from Customer
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- How to add/modify a Supplier
- How to create a Purchase Order
- How to create a Purchase Return
- How to create a Purchase from existing Purchase Order
- How to Cancel/Delete a Purchase Order
- How to make a payment to supplier
- How to create PO for BOM Elements?
- How to Hold and Pick a Purchase
- How to Update a Purchase Order
- How to create a Purchase
- Create a Custom Order Status
- Order Approval Header and Footer Setup
- How to send an Order Approval email to customer
- How to send Status check link to customer
- Check stock availability for an Order
- Create a new Order
- How to create a Backorder
- How to create a Drop Shipping for Backorder
- Converting an Order to a Sales Invoice
- Converting an Order to a Dispatch
- How to create a Packing Invoice
- Configuration of Approval Process for Orders
- Order Status Header and Footer Setup
- Setup Body Template for Status Check Link email
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- How to transfer Inventory from One Warehouse to Another
- How to dispatch stock
- Adding Opening Stock
- How to dispatch stock of invoiced items
- How to do a Stock Correction for an Item
- How to put a Stock Transfer on Hold
- How to check Awaiting Stock
- How to Upload Stock of Existing Items through Excel
- Receiving Stock
- Custom and Shipping charges in Stock Transfer
- How to Restrict Sales Price Discount for an Item
- How to do Stock Correction of Items through excel upload
- How to check Inventory count
- How to manage Stock in Transit
- How to manage Stock Transfer Request
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
Lot Numbers (Batch)
- How to restrict the financial accounts of AltheaSuite for not sending to Quickbooks ?
- How to add Department of Revenue for Tax accounts in AltheaSuite?
- How to mark 'Do not send to QB' for multiple financial accounts?
- Send Only Journal Entries from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks Desktop
- Send Product details and Receipts from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks Desktop
- Map Financial Account Names, Account Types and Class Name
- How to map the Financial Account Groups and Sub-accounts in AltheaSuite for QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Sync with Item details and receipts
- Account Mapping to send Items and Receipts from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks
- Name Template formatting for QuickBooks data sync
- How to setup QuickBooks Web Connector
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Errors
- Best practices for keeping QuickBooks Desktop in sync with AltheaSuite
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
- How to create a Sales Invoice from a Repeat Service
- How to modify an Invoice created from a Repeat Service
- How to create a subscription for repeat services on a monthly basis
- How to create a subscription for repeat services on a weekly basis
- How to create a service on a specific day from an existing subscription
How to define BOM for an item
A Bill of Materials (BOM) is a list of items and quantities required to manufacture an Item.
Example: If you want to assemble a computer you need RAM, Hard disc, CPU frame, Processor. If you are making a Pizza you will need flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, eggs and so on.
To define a BOM for an item, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Login to your AltheaSuite account.
Step 2. From main menu option, go to Products > Items.
Step 3. Click + New to add new item. If you want to edit existing item, select the item to be manufactured and click item options. From options select Modify.
Step 4. Enter item name and other details as required. Mark this item Has BOM.
Step 5. To add an BOM items (Raw Materials) to this item, click Set BOM.
Step 6. Add Item to this BOM: Select raw materials used to manufacture this item. If you click […] button,Item Manager will open.
- Use the search option to search by SKU, Item Name (or other details) to find the desired item.
- Select the item and click OK.
Step 7. Quantity: Enter quantity of Raw Material required to manufacture this item . For example, 2 quantities of B required to produce A.
In this example, I’m defining BOM for Custom Computer consisting below assembly parts
- RAM SR 5 1qty
- Computer Case 1qty
- HDD SH-1 1 qty
- Motherboard I9p57 1 qty
- Processor Core i5 1 qty
- Graphic Card 1 qty
- Mouse Wireless 1 qty
Step 8. If you wish to remove the item BOM , click item option and select Remove option.
Step 9. BOM can be Adjusted at Make Time: Sometimes when manufacturing a finished good, specific raw material may not be available. If you tick this, you can create and select an alternative raw materials at time of manufacturing.
Step 10. Review the details you have entered. Click OK to complete the BOM.
Step 11. Click Create/Update from New Item/Modify Item screen .
Enable Suggest Sales Price option to calculate your BOM costing.
Labor/Packing Charge : Enter the Labor and Packing Charges as applicable.
Suggested Sales Price: The costing section in a BOM gives an approximate cost of manufacturing the Item.
- Suggested sales based on item cost price: The costing is calculated from the Purchase Rate of the raw materials/sub-assemblies. For example, total cost price of raw materials is $ 50, and if you applied a profit margin of 10%, then suggested sales = $ 50 +10% of $ 50= $ 55.
- Suggested sales based on item sales price: The costing is calculated from the Sales Rate of the raw materials/sub-assemblies. For example, total sales price of raw materials is $ 60, and if you applied a discount of 10%, then suggested sales = $ 60 -10% of $ 60= $ 54.
Choose the suggested sale price as required and click Apply to set suggested price as sales price of finished item (mian item).
0 out of 5 stars