- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
Lot Numbers (Batch)
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
QuickBooks Sync with Item details and receipts
First-Time Sync (Force Sync)
When you sync your data from the AltheaSuite for the first time, there are 2 processes that happen during the sync.
- Get existing data from QuickBooks: The sync begins with the connection establishment from QuickBooks WebConnector with the AltheaSuite account. In the first process during the sync, AltheaSuite sends the request to QuickBooks to get the data that is present in both QuickBooks and in AltheaSuite. If the same data is present on both QuickBooks and AltheaSuite, then QuickBooks sends a unique ID for each data to save in AltheaSuite. This is the process of mapping the data with the unique IDs.
Example: If there is a customer with the name Michael present in QuickBooks and there is also a customer with the same name in AltheaSuite, then QuickBooks sends a unique ID to save this particular customer data in AltheaSuite. Now with this unique ID, the data of this particular customer gets exchanged between AltheaSuite and QuickBooks.
2. Send data from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks: After fetching the unique IDs of the data from QuickBooks, in the second process, AltheaSuite then sends the data to QuickBooks. The data from AltheaSuite without the unique IDs will get created in QuickBooks and the data with unique IDs will get updated in QuickBooks. When the new data gets created in QuickBooks, it also sends the unique ID of the data to AltheaSuite.
Once the sync gets complete and successful, AltheaSuite maintains a date-time so that when you sync the next to QuickBooks it only sends the data that was created or updated in AltheaSuite after the last sync was done.
Example: In the below screenshot, the last sync Customer Date shows Oct 11 2022 11:28 AM. When you sync the data to Quickbooks, for the customer data it sends only the Customers that are created or updated after this last sync date.
The data sync to QuickBooks after the First Time Sync is the Normal Sync. This sync is usually done when you have already synced the data from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks at least once. In this case, AltheaSuite assumes that all your existing data from QuickBooks is already mapped in Altheasuite with the unique IDs. In this sync process, AltheaSuite sends the data to QuickBooks that are created or updated in AltheaSuite after the last sync was made.
In this sync process, AltheaSuite does not fetch any Unique IDs from QuickBooks if any new data is created in QuickBooks. If you have created or modified any in QuickBooks then that data will not get updated to AltheaSuite.
Note: After the First Time Sync is completed successfully if you create any new data which is present in both QuickBooks and AltheaSuite, then the sync will fail in the next cycle.
The following data will get mapped if the below data is present in QuickBooks and AltheaSuite.
- Inventory Part Items
- Service Items
- Non-Inventory Part Items
- Customer Terms
- Chart of Accounts
The below documents are supported in QuickBooks data sync:
Documents in AltheaSuite
Sales Invoices (Payment Status: Cleared)
Sales Invoices (Payment Status: Pending)
Sales Invoices (With Multiple Payments)
Purchases (Status: Complete)
Documents in QuickBooks
Invoice, Receive Payments
Sync Start/End Date: If you want to send your Sales and Purchase documents from a specific date of a month or year then you can set the start and end dates. AltheaSuite will then send only the documents that are created or modified within the selected date range.
If the start/end date is left blank then it will send all the sales and purchase documents during the sync.
On Next Sync Send All Documents: This checkbox will be ticked ON default for the first time sync. When this is ticked ON, the system will send all documents to QuickBooks that are created in AltheaSuite within the sync date range specified.
Once the sync is completed, this checkbox gets turned off automatically.
On Next Sync Get Ids of Existing Accounts: When this is ticked ON, AltheaSuite will read all the existing charts of accounts (Active & Inactive) from QuickBooks first, and then it assigns a unique ID to AltheaSuite financial account if the account name matches.
On Next Sync Get Ids of Existing Customers: When this is ticked ON, AltheaSuite will read all the existing Customers (Active & Inactive) from QuickBooks first and then assigns a unique ID to AltheaSuite Customers if the customer name matches.
On Next Sync Get Ids of Existing Vendors: When this is ticked ON, AltheaSuite will read all the existing Vendors (Active & Inactive) from QuickBooks first and then assigns a unique ID to AltheaSuite Supplier if the supplier name matches.
On Next Sync Get Ids of Existing Items: When this is ticked ON, AltheaSuite will read all the existing Items (Active & Inactive) from QuickBooks first and then it assigns a unique ID to AltheaSuite Items if the item name matches.
On Next Sync Get Ids of Existing Terms: When this is ticked ON, AltheaSuite will read all the existing (Active & Inactive)Customer Terms from QuickBooks first and then assigns a unique ID to AltheaSuite Customer Terms if the Terms name matches.
0 out of 5 stars