- Adding images to items
- Creating Combo Items
- How to check Sales/Purchase price history of an Item
- How to create/edit Item Category
- How to assign item location
- Supplier Product Code and its use in AtheaSuite
- How to set minimum order quantity for an Item in AltheaSuite
- How to Add New Item
- How to Create Custom Fields for Items
- Importing Item List
- How to bulk update item sales price
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- How to perform a sale in AltheaSuite
- How to change price of a product during billing
- How to edit paid Invoice in AltheaSuite
- How to put a Sales Invoice on Hold
- How to set credit limit to customer
- How to create a credit sale
- How to create a Pickup Invoice
- How to create a Delivery Invoice
- Selling an Item with a Serial Number
- How to add/modify a Customer
- Refund/Exchange an item
- How to create a Sales Return
- How to send square payment link to customer from AltheaSuite
- How to create Invoice Custom Fields
- How to give Manual Discount in Invoice
- Creating Invoice with Multiple Payment Modes
- How to create a new Payment Mode
- How to change saved Sales Invoice Date
- How to create a Sales Invoice using Store Credit
- How to search for all Web Orders
- How to change saved Sales Return Date
- How to add notes to Items while Invoicing
- Changing Cash Register while Invoicing
- How to put a Sales Return on Hold
- How to create a Price List and assigning to customer group
- How to create a Sales Invoice using Customer Deposit/Advance
- How to issue a Store Credit to Customer
- How to create a customer group
- How to Capture Customer Signature on Invoice
- How to mark the invoiced items as Delivered
- How to add the footfall count of your customers
- Receive Deposit/Advance from Customer
- Show all articles ( 22 ) Collapse Articles
- How to add/modify a Supplier
- How to create a Purchase Order
- How to create a Purchase Return
- How to create a Purchase from existing Purchase Order
- How to Cancel/Delete a Purchase Order
- How to make a payment to supplier
- How to create PO for BOM Elements?
- How to Hold and Pick a Purchase
- How to Update a Purchase Order
- How to create a Purchase
- Create a Custom Order Status
- Order Approval Header and Footer Setup
- How to send an Order Approval email to customer
- How to send Status check link to customer
- Check stock availability for an Order
- Create a new Order
- How to create a Backorder
- How to create a Drop Shipping for Backorder
- Converting an Order to a Sales Invoice
- Converting an Order to a Dispatch
- How to create a Packing Invoice
- Configuration of Approval Process for Orders
- Order Status Header and Footer Setup
- Setup Body Template for Status Check Link email
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- How to transfer Inventory from One Warehouse to Another
- How to dispatch stock
- Adding Opening Stock
- How to dispatch stock of invoiced items
- How to do a Stock Correction for an Item
- How to put a Stock Transfer on Hold
- How to check Awaiting Stock
- How to Upload Stock of Existing Items through Excel
- Receiving Stock
- Custom and Shipping charges in Stock Transfer
- How to Restrict Sales Price Discount for an Item
- How to do Stock Correction of Items through excel upload
- How to check Inventory count
- How to manage Stock in Transit
- How to manage Stock Transfer Request
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
Lot Numbers (Batch)
- How to restrict the financial accounts of AltheaSuite for not sending to Quickbooks ?
- How to add Department of Revenue for Tax accounts in AltheaSuite?
- How to mark 'Do not send to QB' for multiple financial accounts?
- Send Only Journal Entries from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks Desktop
- Send Product details and Receipts from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks Desktop
- Map Financial Account Names, Account Types and Class Name
- How to map the Financial Account Groups and Sub-accounts in AltheaSuite for QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Sync with Item details and receipts
- Account Mapping to send Items and Receipts from AltheaSuite to QuickBooks
- Name Template formatting for QuickBooks data sync
- How to setup QuickBooks Web Connector
- Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Errors
- Best practices for keeping QuickBooks Desktop in sync with AltheaSuite
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
- How to create a Sales Invoice from a Repeat Service
- How to modify an Invoice created from a Repeat Service
- How to create a subscription for repeat services on a monthly basis
- How to create a subscription for repeat services on a weekly basis
- How to create a service on a specific day from an existing subscription
Setting up Tax Structure
Before you start adding products, we recommend setting your tax rates up (if applicable). In Althea, you can enter the default tax rate to be applied to all taxable items, or set up multiple taxes and apply tax to the individual items.
Default Tax Rate
Follow the below steps to set up the default tax structure to be applied to all items. Tax structures are used when multiple taxes are applicable for single item or whole invoice.
Step 1 : Login to your AltheaSuite account.
Step 2 : From the main menu option, select Locations > Business Location.
Step 3 : Click on the context menu (three dotted button) and select Modify.
Step 4 : In Default Item Tax section, click three dotted button […].
Step 5 : This will open Tax Manager screen as shown below.
Step 6 : Click on + New Tax Structure button, to add new tax structure.
Step 7 : If the setting to support advance tax structure is not enabled you will get a confirmation message, click Yes.
Step 8 : Enter the Tax Structure Name and Description. Description is optional here.
Step 9 : By default you will see an option to apply tax on Basic Price After Discount.
Step 10 : If you want to apply tax on Basic Price Before Discount, mark the checkbox Show Advance Options.
Step 11 : Click on + New to add the first tax under this tax structure.
Step 12 : Select the first tax if already created. Else click on three dotted button and add a new tax (Refer https://www.altheasuite.com/tutorials/adding-tax-details/ to add new tax rate)
Step 13 : Enter the Calculation Base and click on Create.
Note: Calculation Base will be A if tax is applied on basic price after discount. And Calculation Base will be Y if tax is applied on Basic price before discount.
Step 14 : Click on +New again to add the second tax in this tax structure. Select all the required fields and click on OK.
Step 15 : If any other taxes are applicable, select it following the same above procedure and click Create.
Step 16 : You can select the newly created tax structure and click OK to set selected tax structure as default tax.
Note: If you set up a default tax structure for your store, the default tax structure will be applied to all items.
Item specific Tax Rate
Follow the steps below to setup item specific tax rates/tax structures .
Step 1 : From main menu options, select Products > Items.
Step 2 : Select an existing item and Modify or create a new one.
Step 3 : In Tax, click three-dotted button and select ‘Add New’ to create a new tax rate. Or select an existing tax rate from the drop-down to assign to the item. Click Update/Create to finish updating/creating an item.
2.5 out of 5 stars